|EQI.org | Depression
What Undepresses Me
- Doing exactly what I want/need to do for as long as I want/need to do it Till I am satisfied.
- Sleeping. As long as I want/need. When I want/need.
- Doing something creative.
- When someone comes over to visit. (Assuming it is the right person - not someone who gives me advice, judges me, interrupts me, bosses me around etc.)
- When someone wants to spend time with me.
- When someone shows they care about me. (without trying to control or change me in any way)
- When I feel understood by someone.
- When I feel empathized with.
- When someone shows they want to learn from me. (This helps me feel valued)
- When someone shows appreciation for something I have done or written.
- When someone tells me how they have applied some of my ideas in their own life.
- When someone helps me feel valued, needed, important.
- When someone asks me what they can do to help me, and then does what I suggest or request.
- When I talk to a sensitive, intelligent, rebellious teenager.
- When I feel in control of my life or some aspect of it.
- Having a stimulating conversation with someone.
- Feeling encouraged by someone, or admired by someone.
- Hearing "I feel inspired by you."
- Hearing how someone feels when they use what I call feeling words,, in a way that I call emotionally literate.
- When someone listens to me, really listens, the kind of listening I write about.
Update Nov 27, 2015
- Feeling trusted. For exaple, when someone I stay with on Couchsurfing gives me a key to their home.
- Feeling welcomed.
- Feeling encouraged.For example, now I feel encouraged because Tim has been helping me, Radovan has been helping, someone in Argeintina might help me translate my writing to Spanish, and a family in Uruguay that has a new alternative school is letting me stay with them - via couchsurfing
Other EQI.org Topics:
My former partner's site called "What Depresses Me"